Saturday, June 25, 2011

Still Farming at 50!!

Ok, really funny story behind this Farmville cake, which by the way, I made for my wonderful Hubby.  You see, Hubby is turning the BIG 5-0 this week and my mission was to create a cake which had special meaning for him.  Considering that his time is primarily spent working or caring for his girls, (me and our 2 lovelies) he has very little time for hobbies.  Until he discovered Farmville, that is!  He would spend ALL of his free time harvesting his crops and finding eggs (ask my brother, Michael about that one!).  I also had to make Lexi's graduation cake that weekend as they shared their celebrations (2fers: sign of the times).  I can't believe his Farmville escapades had totally slipped my brain when my very good friend, Lisa, reminded me.  She did come up with the phrase, "Still Farming at 50", which is prominently displayed on the other side of the cake, but suggested I buy  farm figures!  I nearly passed a stone upon hearing that one!!  Alas, once Lisa caught a glimpse of my handiwork, she admitted her flaw.   Anywho,  that's how I roll! 
Happy Birthday my hunka hunka burnin love!!  Still as sexy as ever :) 

1 comment:

  1. I got to see this in person and it was more fabulous than the picture shows. You really outdid yourself on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete