Saturday, May 14, 2011

1st Holy Communion Cake


I wonder if the recipient of this little gem named this little Communion girl? I would call her......hmmmmm.......GRACE!! So beautiful and graceful! (not to mention I live on Grace Drive so that was the first name that came to me! LOL) When the mom called on me to make something different for her little girl's Communion, I set my creative wheels in motion and decided this would be different. Most of my customers want some sort of a cross, or challis, but not this customer! And boy, am I glad I get to think outside of the box :)
Anywho, this little ditty has a strawberry cake base and a french vanilla skirt. They wanted to keep it simple so my butter cream frosting covers both cakes. Since I cannot and will not sell any cake unless it passes my taste test, I can assure you that this cake sure was tasty! Which is why I will NEVER be a size 6! LOL
I hope Alison, the little girl for whom this cake was made, had a beautiful day . I bet she was just as pretty as her cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment