Saturday, June 13, 2015

Sing Me A Song I'm The Piano Man Cake

Or should I say, The Piano Lovely Young Lady. Maybe you can think of a better name, but this cake was make for a lovely young lady!!

The recipient was a former cake decorating student of mine so I wanted to make something that would WOW her and be forever memorable.  Her mom put in the order and just let me at it.  Since the student knew practically all of my tricks, I really wanted to go above and beyond.

I knew she was learning piano so I decided to run with that.  The piano, a labor of love, was formed with Rice Krispie Treats and needed to be made a week before I delivered it.  And, boy, was I nervous delivering that cake!  What if she hated it??

I was delighted when she gave a little gasp when she saw it - mostly because she was very quiet during classes.  Success!

Anywho, that young lady had some pretty awesome cake decorating skills and I hope she continues with it.  I really hope she remembers her Piano Cake:)




No comments:

Post a Comment