Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Coffee Cup Cake

 It was Cousin Ricky's first birthday since we lost my aunt, his mom, Auntie Rosie.  She was the sweetest person in the whole world!  Gone way too young and suffered for 10+ years.

Anywho, we had a lovely Sunday cookout with alcohol a'plenty.  This dark chocolate cake with mocha filling was the perfect ending to the day,
Cousin Ricky said he had no idea the cookout was going to be a celebration of his 44th birthday.  (I think he fibbed a bit)  It turned out to be a great day for Ricky and the rest of the clan, too.

Cousin Ricky, a bit of advice from someone who has been there..........I miss my dad everyday.  It never gets easier, we just learn to live with it.  We all miss her.  I know she is with my dad and he is making her laugh.  And I believe she is proud of the great guy you are.  Now, spread the wealth around a little, would ya?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment